Friday, January 8, 2010

80 Years!


I would like to give a special thanks to my Grandfather who's influenced my life and career more than he will ever know, remembering how as a young girl I thumbed through his hundreds of  black and whites he stored in Kodak boxes on a shelf upstairs, each image printed to perfection with shades of gray, black and white coming together to preserve his families life and the lay the seed for what would be my future.

Smile
 My children with their Great-Grandfather's Rolleiflex ~2010


It was 15 years ago he handed down to me his 1950's Rolleiflex while I was in college studying photography, what honor it is to use the same camera he had used to take some of those hundreds of photographs, what honor to have him as a role model. Happy Birthday Pappa!

No comments: